Rohs Opera House
The current Rohs Opera House (pronounced ROSS) opened in 1941. It was originally built in 1871 as Aeolian Hall, a live production theatre located on the second floor. A silent movie projector was eventually added to bring "movies" to Cynthiana. In 1941, the "new" Rohs Opera House was added to the building by H. A. Rohs and his son Karle.
Housed in the original Rohs Opera House, our community's historical museum offering displays of educational, military, agriculture, industry, religion, medical, models, and many other subjects relating to Cynthiana and Harrison County.
Old Log Cabin House
Oldest house in Cynthiana, built 1790. Young Henry Clay practiced law here, 1806. In 1817, city's first newspaper, the Guardian of Liberty was printed by Adam Keenan, assisted by H. H. Kavanaugh, later a noted Bishop, and Dudley Mann, who became a diplomat to France. Guthrie's Arithmetic, first to be published west of Alleghenies, was also printed here